Like any equipment, fume hoods need regular cleaning to keep them in good condition. First, make sure that the cleaning agents will not react with the chemicals in the hood.
- Polyglass Liner: Mild soap and water.
- Sash Glass: Commercial glass cleaner.
- Painted Steel Surfaces: Mild soap and water, ethyl alcohol or commercial glass cleaner.
- Epoxy Liner and Worktops: Mild soap and water, solvent, or commercial glass cleaner.
- Plumbing Fixtures: Fixtures are coated with a corrosive resistant coating. Mild soap or detergent only. Do not use an abrasive cleanser.